Devin Abrams is an Ōtautahi boy, a founding member of Shapeshifter, successful music producer, and mastermind behind the solo project Pacific ...
Music fans across the country have plenty to choose from over the next few months, with an amazing array of international artists heading our way. Here are our top 12.
1. Ed Sheeran February 10-11, Eden Park, Auckland - The guitar-slinging redhead that you’d like to take home to meet your mother is back in New Zealand for the first time in four years for two nights at Eden Park.
2. Richard Marx February 19, Isaac Theatre Royal, Christchurch / February 21, Opera House, Wellington / February 22, Kiri Te Kanawa Theatre, Auckland - The Grammy-winning singer/songwriter is bringing his band to New Zealand for the first time, performing his biggest hits and songs.
3. Billy Bragg February 17-19, Hunter Lounge, Wellington / February 24, James Hay Theatre, Christchurch / February 26, The Powerstation, Auckland - You always know what you are going to get with the bard from Barking – punk-tinged folk rock and left-wing politics wrapped in catchy songs that rock the house and get the message across.
4. Sting March 1, Christchurch Arena / March 4, Mission Estate Winery, Napier - Two chances to catch the former Police frontman, who is performing in New Zealand for the first time in eight years.
5. Hoodoo Gurus March 1, Paraoa Brewing, Whangaparāoa / March 2, The Powerstation, Auckland / Selwyn Sounds, March 4, Lincoln Domain / March 5, Brewtown, Upper Hutt - These legends of Australian rock will be dipping into their bag of hits as they tour the country for the first time in 20 years.
6. Harry Styles March 7, Mt Smart Stadium, Auckland - Boy band survivor Harry Styles brings his Love on Tour entourage to Auckland for one night only.
7. Snoop Dogg March 10, Orangetheory Stadium, Christchurch / March 11, Trust Outdoors, Auckland - Fo shizzle my nizzle, this will be a banger! After a couple of false starts, one of the original outlaw rappers brings his I Wanna Thank Me tour to Christchurch and Auckland.
8. My Chemical Romance March 11, Outerfields, Western Springs - The high priests of emo will bring their raw alt-rock to the hallowed concert ground of Western Springs. Break out the black lippy and get along!
9. Backstreet Boys March 11, Spark Arena, Auckland - You want it that way? The best-selling boy band of all time are sure to deliver in their only New Zealand gig on their DNA world tour.
10. Florence and the Machine & King Princess March 21, Spark Arena, Auckland - The English indie darlings, fronted by Florence Welch, return to New Zealand, bringing with them American singer/songwriter King Princess (AKA Mikaela Straus).
11. Counting Crows March 23, Town Hall, Christchurch / March 25, Spark Arena, Auckland / March 27, Michael Fowler Centre, Wellington - The San Francisco rockers have been wowing New Zealand audiences for three decades and hit our three main centres before heading to Australia and South Africa on their Butter Miracle tour.
12. Cypress Hill, Ice Cube and The Game March 31, Hagley Park, Christchurch / April 1, Trusts Arena, Auckland - Only two weeks after Snoop Dogg, it’s another gangster rap rumble as these OGs bring six hours of hip-hop to audiences in Ōtautahi and Tāmaki Makaurau.